Saturday, May 25, 2013

Ramblings on dreams fulfilled and more...

It still hasn't sunk in. Probably won't till I am actually air-borne. And even after, how will I react when I land - when I take the shuttle to none-other-than Stanford University. It was something I wouldn't ever have dared to dream of. But sometimes the too-good-to-dream dreams also come true! This is the BIGGEST of them all.

I'm a believer; and I credit most of all the good stuff that's happened to me to God. (And no, I don't have a problem with using that epithet for the power of the universe. My idea of God is similar to what the Romantics belief in pantheism was like. But I find it convenient to use that name - God. It's short and cute!) So yeah, my childhood fantasy of visitng and studying in the U.S. of A is finally going to happen. And what better? - It's the U.S. government facilitating this. Yes, I'm going on a Fulbright!

And as I type these words, it again is overwhelmingly joyful. All I can say is Thank you thank you thank you God!!! :-)

But the prospect of going abroad (and this is to be my first time) has already made me greedier. I was looking at pictures of Greece and thinking just how amazing it would be to visit the place. All the Greek tragedies and comedies that I have read - I am sure would come alive even today when I visit the country. Plus, the fact that it is surrounded by gorgeous water all around makes it an even more tempting destination.

Well, not that Greece is the only other item on my travel check-list. The whole bloody world is on it! And I hope this is just the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment